Finally, after 3 years of rumors, it’s official:
Aston Martin is going to produce a limited run (exactly 101 units) of the V12 Vantage Roadster! Here it is, the ultimate Aston Martin and the most brutal convertible ever made:
Wow, what a beauty… And pretty exclusive too. 101 units, that’s almost as exclusive as the One-77 and the V12 Zagato. This time, Aston Martin seems to be committed to really only making 101 of em, as all cars will have a numbered sill plaque:
Before I show you some more pics, let’s look at the specs:
V12 Vantage Roadster specs
The V12 Vantage Roadster will get the same engine and gearbox as the coupe version, meaning a 6.0 liter V12, producing 510 bhp and 570 Nm of torque, controlled by a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Compared to the regular V12 Vantage, the Roadster has received some technical modifications, reportedly to make sure the open top version has similar dynamic and aerodynamic performance:
- A revised rear deck lid, with a re-designed spoiler.
- Redesigned front air gurney.
- Modified front and rear suspension.
Other elements specific to the V12 Roadster:
- Carbon Side Strakes.
- Carbon Mirror Caps.
- Carbon Rear Lamp Infills.
- Black border around Rear Lamps.
- New Forged Alloy Wheel Design.
- Aston Martin logos with a black background.
- Interior: glass switches (instead of black plastic) in the lower part of the centre stack.
All the black and carbon details, combined with the beautiful new rims, make the Roadster look even more menacing than any of its Vantage brothers.
Two pictures from the side and the rear:
New optional extras for the V12 Vantage Roadster
With the V12 Roadster, Aston Martin is also going to introduce a couple of new options (that will probably find their way to the other models too).
For the exterior:
- Optional Black grille.
- Optional Black side strake meshes.
- Optional Black tailpipes.
For the interior:
- Carbon Interior Pack: Carbon fibre facia for the centre stack, plus carbon fibre gearshift surround.
A view of the interior:
The production of the V12 Vantage Roadster will start in the 4th quarter of 2012. All 101 cars will be built over a period of 9 months. Full pricing details will be disclosed later, but in the first communication to dealerships Aston indicated a UK retail price of £150,000.
So… after waiting for my dream car for 3 years, will I order one?
Of course! In fact, I already placed my order 3 weeks ago! I will be the proud owner of one these 101 beauties 🙂 More about that later this week…