No official news yet, but rumors about a possible V12 Vantage Roadster are popping up on the underbelly of the interwebs: the car nut forums and blogs.
On the same day, May 21, “V12 Vantage Roadster” related posts appeared on two different car forums and one car blog:
- V12 Vantage Roadster Confirmed on the PistonHeads forum.
- V12 Vantage Roadster – Think it’s a done deal on the 6SpeedOnline forum.
- V12 Vantage Roadster… FINALLY! on Schmee150′s car blog.
The story is roughly the same in all 3 places, apparently “confirmed by AM HQ officials”:
- Aston Martin is going to produce a very limited run of the V12 Vantage Roadster, probably limited to 100 units.
- It’s going to have a 6-speed manual gearbox, just like the V12 Vantage coupe.
- The engine will be the current 517PS engine, also from the regular V12 Vantage.
- ETA of the V12 Roadster is 2013.
Wow, imagine this beast in an open top car, controlled by an old-skool manual gearbox:
In the meantime, I have indeed received more V12 Roadster news from my local Aston Martin dealership, but I am not allowed to disclose more details at this moment. Sorry!
More news next week!